What We Do
What We Do
The MTN Foundation partners with both public and credible private organisations to execute sustainable projects in each of the chosen focus areas. MTNF receives and processes proposals monthly. The Foundation is committed to ensuring that the selection and approval of its projects are conducted in a manner that is transparent, systematic, efficient, and effective while promoting its mission. As such, approved guidelines are strictly adhered to, in the selection of projects and partner organizations.
Project Selection Criteria
- Must be in line with the Foundations key focus areas.
- MTN ensures the availability of baseline studies or assessment including information that supports a need for the project.
- Must involve the possibility of replication in all 6 geo-political zones of the country namely North-West, North-East, South-West, South-South, South-East, North-Central.
- Must not be for profit, i.e. have no commercial intentions but be purely for CSR objectives.
- Must be sustainable for a foreseeable future.
- Have a broad community impact, both direct and indirect.
- Must not be for the construction or development of physical infrastructure that would not constitute part of an MTN Foundation projects.
- Must be for beneficiaries within Nigeria.
Partner Selection Criteria
- Must be an incorporated entity and must have been in operation for at least 2 years.
- Must have a proven record of successfully implementing projects.
- Must demonstrate technical expertise in the focus area of the project.
- Must show evidence of adequate manpower and a reputable Board and management profile.
- Must have a functional financial system and audited financial statements.
- Must have adequate geographical presence in relation to the roll out plan of the proposed project.