Awards & Accolades
List of MTNF Awards From Inception till April 2010
The 2005 Thisday Award for Corporate Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
Rotary Club of Gbagada South District 9110 Nigeria Award of Excellence to MTN Nigeria of Excellence to MTN Nigeria Excellent Contribution to Corporate Social Responsibility and Manpower Development in Nigeria 3rd September, 2005.
Lagos State Government 2006 Best Health Merit Award.
University of Lagos MBA Students Association – Outstanding Achievers Award in Education 2006).
City People Magazine 2006 Humanitarian of the Year Award.
2006 GSM Association Award – Best Mobile in the Community Initiative.
University of Lagos Governing Council – 2006 Endowment Award.
Women Development & Law Centre award for contributions to women empowerment, February 2007.
Civil Society on HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (CiSHAN) Oyo State Chapter in recognition of your charitable gestures towards Humanity in Oyo State, Nigeria. 17th April, 2008 CISHAN DAY 2008.
Global Development Merit Award from Centre for Care of the Vulnerable and Development Initiatives (CCVD).
UK-Nigeria Business Awards 2010, Corporate Social Responsibility Award. (29th September, 2010).
Down Syndrome association of nigeria.
Life Time Achievement Award (MTN Foundation).
- University of Lagos Governing Council – 2006 Endowment Award
- Award from Rumukurushi community in Rivers State.
- Hearts of Gold Children Hospice – Hearts of Gold Award (HOGA 2006) for Outstanding Contribution to Humanitarian Services.
- Lagos State Government – 2006 Best Health Merit Award.
- International Community Commitment Award from alumni of Comprehensive High School, Aiyetoro, MD/DC/VA Chapter, USA.
- Society for Environment Youth Development Initiatives Pivot Award to MTN.
- National Health Council Award for outstanding contribution to the Health sector in the country, 11 January 2007.
- Red Ribbon awards on HIV/AIDS.
- Women Development & Law Centre award for contributions to women empowerment, February 2007.
- Letter of appreciation and Certificate of Participation on Adopt-a-School Programme received from the Federal Ministry of Education (dated 22nd May 2007).
- Award by Brotherhood Society of the Deaf - "Philanthropist Assistance" - 2nd July 2007.
- Winner, Telecommunications Category - Social Enterprise Reports & Awards (SERA) 2007 for implementing people-focused CSR programmes.
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators Award for Corporate Social Responsibility.
- “National Daily Awards 2007” presented to MTN as distinguished (CSR) award of the year 2007 in recognition of her commitment to CSR ideals and for the sustenance of the MTN Foundation which has concretized the “Give Back to Society” concept.
- Award from Lagos State Min. of Education with School Buggie TV show to MTN Nigeria Pivot of young people’s development and contributions to Education. The Best Category at the 2007 Grand Finale.
- The Environment Reinvestment Award presented by People that shape our environment to MTN Foundation in recognition of your distinguished service in the field of Environmental Protection & Sustainable Development.
- 11th City People Awards for Excellence Corporate Socially Responsible Company of the year 2008 MTN.
- Alumni Award for Infrastructural Development of ABU Zaria presented to MTN for contribution to infrastructural development of ABU Zaria. April 2008.
- The Rose of Sharon Foundation Award for Dedicated Contribution Towards The Less Privileged 2008.
- MTN Winner – (SERA) Most Socially Responsible Company in Nigeria – August, 2008.
- MTN Winner – Telecommunications Category SOCIAL ENTERPRISE REPORT & AWARDS (SERA) 2007 for implementing people-focused CSR Programmes – August, 2008.
- MTN Winner – Telecommunications: Most Socially Responsible Company in Nigeria. August 2008.
- King’s College Old Boys’ Association in appreciation for the Foundations support as the biggest corporate sponsor for 2006 / 2007 presented to MTN Foundation at the 99th anniversary of the founding of the college on 20th September, 2008.
- Merit Award in recognition of sponsorship presented by MEGLEY Nursery and Primary School (Itire-Ikate).
- Winner Best Initiative in Support of the MDGs Africa Investor Investment Awards. 2008.
- Award of Recognition of Immense Contribution towards a Healthier Society presented by All – Nigeria United Nations Student & Youth Association University of Ibadan Branch. 2009.
- SERA AWARDS 2009 (MDG1 -Poverty Reduction)
- SERA AWARDS 2009 (MDG3-Women Empowerment)
- SERA AWARDS 2009 (MDG8 - Partnership for Development)
- SERA AWARDS 2009 (Best Telecommunication company in CSR)
- SERA AWARDS 2009 (Overall best)
- City People Awards for Excellence: CSR Company of the year.
- Lagos State Corporate Social Responsibility Diamond Award
- SERA AWARDS 2010 (MDG6 - Combat of HIV/ AIDS/ Malaria) (24th September, 2010)
- SERA AWARDS 2010 (Most Socially Responsible Telecommunications Company) (24th September, 2010)
- SERA AWARDS 2010 (Most Socially Responsible Company) (24th September, 2010)
- Distinguished Humanity Service Award, for selfless service to the Kidney Health sector presented by Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola