MTN Mobile WiFi
MTN Mobile WiFi is a portable WiFi device that allows users connect up to five WiFi enabled devices such as Laptops, Tablets, Phones and other such devices simultaneously to the internet.
All a customer requires is one data subscription on the MiFi device, with which he/she can connect the WiFi enabled devices to the internet.
This creates a richer browsing experience, as well as amazing cost savings that represent the True Value MTN is synonymous with.
MTN Mi-Fi works at a distance of up to 10m or 30 ft
How to use the MTN Mobile WiFi Device
- Insert your SIM Card via the SIM card slot entrance at the back of your MiFi device.
- Connect the MiFi to a PC with the compatible data cable inside the pack
- Power on the MiFi by pressing and holding the power button until the light comes on.
- The modem is ‘’plug and play’’ and will auto install upon powering it on. However if the auto install does not work, simply double click the setup icon in the MiFi folder from your computer and wait for the software to install.
The MTN Mobile WiFi can be used in USB mode (connected to your PC) or WiFi mode (connecting up to 5 WiFi enabled devices).
Using the MTN Mobile WiFi in USB mode
- Once installation is completed successfully, launch the MTN Mobile WiFi from the icon on your desktop to open the MTN Mobile WiFi user interface. (If you’re having problems loading the page, check your browser proxy settings; be sure to select “Automatically detect settings”)
- Once the user interface is launched, type the Login Password: default password is admin (you are advised to change this password for security reasons).
- Recharge and activate any Data plan from the Subscription page on the Interface. You can also send the appropriate keyword by SMS, to activate a Data plan.
- Once you receive the sms confirmation for your data plan, you can launch a browser and connect to the Internet.
Using the MTN Mobile WiFi in Wireless (Wi-Fi) mode
After you have successfully activated a data bundle using the MTN Mobile WiFi user interface, you can connect up to 5 WiFi capable devices simultaneously to the internet.
- Ensure your MiFi device is powered on (press and hold the power button until the light comes on).
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your computer or device and search for available wireless networks, then select & connect to the MTN Mobile WiFi E5830S (Password/key is printed behind the device).
Note that you can modify the display device name (SSID) from the admin interface.
After you establish a Wi-Fi connection successfully, you can start browsing the internet.
Refer to the user guide manual for more information on how to manage the modem in WiFi mode
How to activate the free MTN Mobile WiFi Bundle
- Launch the MTN Mobile WiFi icon from your computer or start your Internet browser and enterhttp://192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Type the Login Password: default password is admin (you are advised to change this password to prevent for security reasons).
- Click on SMS at the top of the screen and send an SMS with keyword MIFI to 131.
- You will receive an acknowledge SMS confirming you now have 500MB of data, valid for 1 month.
- Now you can connect to the Internet.
Approved Offer is: 1GB for first month and up to 160% bonus on activation of 100MB and above for the remaining 11months.
Infinix Hot 2
Introducing the all new Infinx Hot 2 mobile phone! This is the first smartphone to be launched in Africa running on Android One.