Keeping our people safe, while ensuring that our customers continue to get service in these important times, has been at the center of our response to the pandemic.
From Monday 23 March 2020, most of our teams began working from home to ensure their safety. We run regular health surveys that enable us to ascertain their wellbeing and have launched a staff-care emergency fund to provide an added buffer for our people who may be affected by the pandemic.
We have a particular focus on mental health, as we understand the new and different pressures that a work from home environment creates, alongside the uncertainty that the situation has created for many people. Our focus has been on ensuring that our staff do not have to worry about these things, are confident in their roles and understand that their commitment will be rewarded.
For our customers, our operations have continued running with essential staff on-site and a series of measures in place to ensure their safety, and the safety of our staff:
- Reduced operating hours – Our shops are working limited hours (from 09:00 am-3:00 pm on weekdays, and 10:00 am-2:00 pm on weekends) and may not all be open. To find an open shop close to you, kindly visit www.mtnonline.com/stores
- Limited crowd size – The number of people in the shop at any given time will be kept to about 5-10 depending on the size of the shop.
- Stricter hygiene practices – Use of hand sanitizers, temperature checks, and where possible, soap and water will be available.
- Personal Protection: For the health and safety of our employees, and other customers we ask that you please wear a mask when visiting our shops; and comply with hygiene protocols before entry – temperature check, use of hand sanitizer or hand washing.
- Cash Transactions: Exact change is essential. Please bring the exact amount required for your transaction to avoid a back and forth, as findings suggest that COVID-19 can survive on paper for extended periods.
- Keep it simple: Limit interactions – knowing exactly what product or service is required goes a long way to limit the duration of interactions. Also, to keep from having to repeat your visit, please bring all required documents and information for your specific transactions.
If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please stay home and reach us by calling 180, on MTN LiveChat, myMTN App, WhatsApp: 09033000001, Twitter @MTN180, Facebook @MTNLoaded, or send email to email@example.com
You can also purchase airtime or data bundles by dialling *131#, *904# or via myMTN App.
We will get through this together – with resolve, compassion, and care. Thank you for your patience, perseverance, and understanding.
Please stay safe
Click here to read more about our broad set of initiatives deployed in this fight, Y’ello Hope