Who are we
MTN Foundation was incorporated in 2004 to drive the various CSR initiatives of MTN Nigeria Communication PLC. It was commissioned in May 2005 with MTN Nigeria Communication PLC committing up to 1% of its Profit after Tax (PAT) as its main source of funding for projects.
MTN Foundation has invested over NGN 21 Billion in the 36 states of the federation and FCT, with over 900 projects across the country.
To be a leader in Corporate Social Investment initiatives in Nigeria measured by the impact and sustainability of our projects on our host communities as well as high perception rating of MTN’s brand.
To improve the quality of life in the area of Health, Education and Economic Empowerment on a sustainable basis in such a way as to impact positively on the MTN brand.
Project selection criteria:
For projects to be selected and funded by MTNF, they must satisfy the following:
- Be aligned to the Foundation’s key focus areas.
- Be subject to MTN’s requirement for baseline studies or assessments including information that supports a need for the project.
- Be replicable in all 6 geo-political zones of the country namely; North-West, North-East, South-West, South-South, South-East, North-Central.
- Solely “not for profit” i.e. have no commercial intentions.
- Purely for CSR objectives.
- Be sustainable for the near future.
- Have a broad community impact, both direct and indirect.
- Not be for the construction or development of physical infrastructure that would not constitute part of MTN Foundation projects.
- Be for beneficiaries within Nigeria
Partners selection criteria:
For Partner organisations to be selected to collaborate with MTNF, they must satisfy the following:
- An incorporated entity in operation for at least 2 years.
- Have a proven record of successfully implementing projects.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in the focus area of the project.
- Show evidence of adequate manpower and a reputable Board and management profile.
- Have a functional financial system and audited financial statement.
- Have adequate geographical presence in relation to the roll out plan of the proposed project.