In preparation for 2018, we convened a workshop to evaluate 2017 activities, share cause marketing best practices and brainstorm on strategic solutions for 2018.
MTN Foundation stakeholders including Management, Board members, key MTN Nigeria partners, communication agency partners, Lagos Business School and implementation partners were invited to help in setting goals, identifying challenges and brainstorming strategic solutions. We agreed that the goal for MTN Foundation in 2018 would be to create a brand that genuinely cares and makes lives brighter for countless Nigerians through significant social contributions in the communities where we work.
With this goal in mind, our objectives of;
- Raising awareness for the Foundation’s activities
- Aligning the Foundation and MTN activities and communications
- Creating a broad base of advocates for MTN and the Foundation
- Making the Foundation a cultural point of reference for doing good in Nigeria
- Assuming a thought leadership position in the Nigerian Corporate Social Investment landscape.
…were successfully broken down into the following activities:
- Streamlining activities for greater impact. Moving beyond PR.
- Reflecting brighter lives, Corporate Identity and Easy, Personalised, In control, Connected strategy. Creating new activities based on MTN core competencies Quantifying the Foundation’s contribution to MTN brand equity.
- Building relationships at multiple levels. Creating platforms and opportunities for multiple voices to tell the Foundation (and MTN) story.
- Broadening the understanding and identification with Foundation by creating opportunities for participation. Harnessing digital and traditional channels to build the Foundation’s narratives.
- Building partnerships/joint coalitions of likeminded corporate bodies. Demonstrating expertise with published research and opinions. Becoming advocates (locally and internationally) for the causes we champion.
- With the listed objectives in view we created activities that will take us; MTN, MTN Foundation, our partners, our esteemed stakeholders and Nigeria into the Future.
A future that is brighter! A future that brings with it higher hopes, greater awareness, and brighter lives.
Let’s get into this future together.