Inflight Roaming Product Page – MTNOnline
The MTN inflight roaming service offers you the ability to connect to family, friends, or business partners via phone call/SMS and data. This service is available on select airlines and offered by MTN in partnership with Aeromobile.
- Stay connected while on air.
- Access the internet and social networks at very affordable rates using MTN inflight data roaming bundle.
- Receive incoming SMS at no extra cost.
How It Works
- The inflight roaming service is supported by select airlines. Hence you would need to view a list of participating airlines (see below) to confirm if the service is available on the airline you are traveling with.
- Where it is confirmed that service is available on your travel airline, you will be required to turn on your phone and also turn off airplane mode after take-off and at the instruction of cabin crew.
- You will need to access your phone settings to manually search for network and register on Aeromobile.
- We will send you a welcome message via SMS to provide detailed information on applicable inflight roaming rates.
- You can then enjoy voice, SMS, and data service but must ensure that there is sufficient airtime or credit limit to do so.
Eligible Airlines Emirates Asiana Airlines Etihad Airways Biman Bangladesh Airlines Lufthansa Cathay Pacific Virgin Atlantic Eurowings Turkish Airlines Eva Air EgyptAir Malindo Air Malaysia Airlines SAS Scandinavian Airlines Alitalia Swiss Kuwait Airways TAP Air Portugal Singapore Airlines Air Serbia Aer Lingus Uzbekistan Airways
What mobile services will be available to me?
ANS – You will be able to make calls, receive calls, send & receive SMS and browse. These services are available to Prepaid and Postpaid customers
Will I be charged for my calls, SMS, and browsing?
ANS– Yes, You will be charged as seen below. However, you will receive SMS at no additional cost.
|50MB Data bundle (valid 24hrs)||N2000|
Will I be charged an access fee for using the Inflight Roaming service?
ANS – No, you will NOT be charged any access fee for using the service.
How do I subscribe to the inflight roaming data bundle?
ANS – To subscribe to the 50MB inflight roaming data bundle please dial *131*1*5#, select the “Next” option and click on 50MB inflight data bundle at N2,000.
Will I be able to browse from my airtime or credit limit?
ANS – Yes you will be able to browse from airtime or credit limit BUT you will be required to opt-in by dialing *131*5*5*1 at no additional cost. You can also opt-out at any time by dialing *131*5*5*2#.
If I am already browsing from my airtime/credit limit, can I switch to browsing from my inflight data bundle?
ANS – Yes, you will be able to switch to browsing from inflight data bundle by dialling *131*205# at no additional cost.
How do I check my bundle balance?
ANS – You will be able to check your bundle balance by dialing *131*5#.
What happens if I exhaust my inflight data bundle before expiry?
ANS – As soon as you exhaust your inflight data bundle before the expiry, your data access will be suspended, and you will not be able to browse again. To continue browsing, you will need to do one of the following:
Buy another data plan by dialing *131*5*1# and selecting the “Next” option.
OR Opt-out of bundle browsing, by dialing *131*204#, then dial *131*5*5*1# to browse from your airtime.
Will I be able to roll over my unused main inflight data bundle?
ANS – No, you will not be able to roll over any unused data balance. All unused data balance(s) will be cleared after expiry.
Will I keep enjoying the Inflight Roaming rates/ data bundle when I exit the airplane?
No, as soon as you exit the aircraft, the inflight charges will stop. Subsequent calls, SMS, data will be charged based on applicable call/data/SMS rates in your destination (Home or Abroad). Click HERE to view roaming rates.