TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MTN XTRATIME/XTRABYTE
By using this product, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions: “Customer”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person participating in this service and accepting MTN‘s Terms and Conditions.
By using this product, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions. The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions:
“Customer“, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person participating in this service and accepting MTN‘s Terms and Conditions. “MTN“, “We” and “Us“, refers to MTN Nigeria Communications PLC. “MTN Xtratime” refers to this product the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions. “Party” and “Parties refers to either of the Customer or MTN and both the Customer and MTN respectively.
“MTN Xtratime” refers to a product which allows eligible prepaid Customers access airtime on credit when their airtime balance is low. “Xtratime account” refers to the dedicated account which will be created when a Customer’s request for advance airtime credit is approved. It will be credited with 79.52% for N25 band and 84.64% for other bands of the airtime requested for. The remaining 15.36% and 20.48% will be withheld as a service charge.
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization is taken as interchangeable and therefore referring to same. And any reference to natural persons include legal persons and vice-versa and references to any gender includes reference to the other gender and vice-versa.
The following terms and conditions refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration necessary for the Customer to participate in the use of the MTN’s Xtratime service:
- The MTN Xtratime service will be available to eligible prepaid Customers only.
- Eligibility criteria for the MTN Xtratime service include but is not limited to the following:
- SIM must be prepaid
- SIM must be registered
- Customer’s main account balance must be between N0 and N75
- MTN’s consideration of Customer’s average monthly spend of N200 monthly for 3 months
- Customer must have paid up any previous Xtratime request and the charges associated thereto.
- The MTN Xtratime service is open only to persons of 18 years and above By clicking on Accept, you certify that you are above 18 years and acknowledge that you are fully bound by the legal and other consequences of MTN Xtratime service as contained in these Terms and Conditions.
- The MTN Xtratime service can be accessed via the following channels:
- USSD code by dialing *606#
- SMS by sending keywords to 606
- IVR by dialing 606
- Different credit bands are available to different customers, depending on the customer’s profile (tenure on network, spend frequency, etc). Available credit bands include:
- N25 Xtratime
- N50 Xtratime
- N100 Xtratime
- N200 Xtratime
- N400 Xtratime
- N500 Xtratime
- N750 Xtratime
- N1,000 Xtratime
- N1,500 Xtratime
- N2,000 Xtratime
- N3,000 Xtratime
- N5,0000 Xtratime
- Other Xtratime airtime denominations can be introduced and/or existing denomination withdrawn as the need arises without prior notice to Customers.
- Xtratime airtime will be loaded in a special Xtratime account for successful requests.
- A service charge of 15.36%/20.48% of the requested airtime is charged per successful request. The service charge is first deducted from the airtime, and the balance is then loaded into the Customer’s Xtratime account.
- Any airtime in a Customer’s main account prior to requesting for Xtratime will be used to partly offset any approved Xtratime airtime immediately the Customer’s Xtratime account is credited.
- Subsequent chargeable services e.g. calls, SMS, Data and VAS used by a Customer will be charged from his/her Xtratime account and not from the main account once the Xtratime account has been credited.
- Xtratime airtime can be used for all chargeable activities on the MTN network including but not limited to the following:
- Voice calls
- Prepaid Data Bundles
- Premium rated services
- BlackBerry from MTN
- MTN BackUp
- MTN Caller Tunez
- MTN Play
- A Customer will NOT be able to transfer airtime from her/his Xtratime account using MTN Share (formerly Share ‘N’ Sell).
- A Customer must recharge her/his account via any of the available physical, logical or virtual recharge channels to payback the Xtratime airtime borrowed. The amount borrowed is first deducted from the recharge amount and the balance, if any, will then be loaded in the Customer’s main account.
- In cases where the recharge amount is less than the outstanding Xtratime amount, subsequent recharges will be used to recover whatever is outstanding until the loan is fully recovered.
- When a Customer exhausts her/his Xtratime airtime, the Customer will not be able to make chargeable calls or perform any other chargeable activity until the Xtratime credit advanced to her/him is paid back in full by recharging her/his account.
- However, a Customer will still be able to call Customer care or any other toll free number when s/he exhausts her/his Xtratime airtime.
- A Customer will still be able to receive calls when s/he exhausts her/his Xtratime airtime.
- Whenever a Customer recharges using a different recharge code, e.g. WoW, the Xtratime airtime borrowed will first be deducted from the amount recharged, the balance and its associated bonus will then be loaded into their respective dedicated accounts.
- A Customer will be required to pay back the full amount of airtime borrowed even if the airtime has not been used at all.
- In cases where a Customer has airtime in both her/his main account and Xtratime account, any service will first be charged from the Xtratime account before being charged from the main account.
- There’s no limitation on the number of times a Customer can borrow Xtratime airtime, as long as s/he has no outstanding Xtratime payment, meets all other eligibility criteria and is within his/her credit limit.
- The Customer’s attention is specifically drawn to the provisions of these conditions which limit the liability of MTN:
- Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, all warranties, and representations, whether express or implied, and whether arising in contract or under common law or by statute are excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- In no event shall MTN or any officer, staff or employee of MTN be liable for any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, whether based in contract, tort or otherwise, which arise out of or are in any way connected with the MTN Xtratime service or its terms.
- You acknowledge and agree that MTN reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time for any reason and reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice of obligation, to any of the information and materials contained under these terms and conditions. You further acknowledge and agree that by use of this product, you will be bound by any such revisions to the MTN Xtratime service, and that MTN has encouraged you to periodically visit its website (www.mtnonline.com) to review these terms and conditions.
- MTN reserves the right to amend or cancel the terms of this service or to withdraw the service entirely without notice.
It is acknowledged that all MTN services including MTN Xtratime are provided subject to the MTN Consumer Code of Practice
- This service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Nigerian Law and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Nigerian Courts