The unit ensures that MTN Foundation implements and manages projects effectively under its Portfolios in line with MTN Nigeria’s corporate social responsibility strategy by:
- Handling the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems, conducting evaluation and assessments, generating information/data that guides the decision-making process towards ensuring project sustainability.
- Providing insightful data for planning, implementation and decision-making and confirming the viability and benefits of projects for the best results.
To read more about the impact and analysis by the M&E Unit, read our annual reports here.
Would you like to make a difference by partnering with us on any of our projects? The M&E Unit would love to hear from you! Click here to learn more.
Have a project that can impact lives? Here’s what it needs to address to catch our attention:
Project Selection Criteria
The following are required for selecting projects:
- Must be aligned to the Foundation’s key focus areas of Youth Development and National Priority.
- Is subject to MTN’s requirement for baseline studies or assessments including information that supports a need for the project.
- Must be replicable in all 6 geo-political zones of the country; North-West, North-East, South-West, South-South, South-East, North-Central.
- Must have no commercial intentions. Solely “not for profit”
- Must be purely CSR driven.
- Must be sustainable for the near future.
- Must have broad direct and indirect community impact.
- Must not be for the construction or development of a physical infrastructure that would not constitute part of MTN Foundation projects.
- Must be for beneficiaries within Nigeria.
Partner Selection Criteria:
Partner organizations that want to collaborate with the MTN Foundation must satisfy the following:
- Must be an incorporated entity in operation for at least 2 years.
- Must have a proven record of successfully implementing impactful projects across Nigeria.
- Must demonstrate technical expertise in the focus area of the project.
- Must show evidence of adequate workforce and a reputable Board and management profile.
- Must have a functional financial system and audited financial statement for the years operated.
Must have a geographical presence within the roll-out plan of the proposed project.